There is more than chocolate and watches!
Probably one of the most scenic country’s there is.
There is more than chocolate, watches and the Matterhorn to it, although they are renowned worldwide.
Switzerland is also home to numerous lakes, traditional villages and the impressive high peaks of the Alps.
Its’ cities contain mediaeval quarters, with landmarks like the capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge or Sion which lies below the castles of Valère and Tourbillon, to name just a few.
Skiing is a great passion for most of the inhabitants during the winter months. When the snow has melted away, the beautiful flowers are peaking through and the alpine meadows are awash with stunning colours, Switzerland is transformed into a hiking & biking paradise.
You will find a lot of information and tips primarily from the Valais area, as this is where we live. This is also why I have chosen to make a separate section about Switzerland and keep the rest of the world separate.
You can find activities for both the little members of the family and for the older generation. I will also write about some exciting trips and tips from the neighbouring Cantons, the Swiss German- and Italian part and beyond.
Your guide to Switzerland
This is my home, and I know certain area like the back of my hand. Brows through all information and blogs, and should you still nor have found what you’re looking for, please get in touch and I will do my best to help wherever I can.
Recent post about Switzerland
Arolla – Marmot Trail – Sentier des MarmottesJune 21, 2020
Hiking in Grimentz-Zinal Cabane du Petit MountetJune 11, 2020
FERPÈCLE: A stroll to the foot of the Mont-Miné GlacierMay 18, 2020
Fafleralp to Lauchernalp :: The Lötschental Panoramic TrailMay 2, 2020
The Valais is our home and therefore the Region you will find the most information of.
Swiss Travel Tips
HIKING WITH KIDS 3 -4 YEARS OLD
- A Stroll to the Foot of the Mont-Miné Glacier at Ferpècle, Also possible to with the bikes
- Zermatt – Family Hike from Sunnegga to Zermatt
- 12 Easy Hike with Kids in Valais
- La Tzoumaz – Family Hike along a Theme Trail “5 Senses”
- Derborence, The Valley of Wonders of Nature – Hiking Guide
- Crans Montana – Family Walk – Bisse des Miriouges
- La Grande Dixence Dam – A Family Hike
- Lake Sanetsch – Easy Hike around the Lake
- Tseuzier Lake – Best family friendly hike with little kids
HIKING WITH KIDS 4 -5 YEARS OLD
- Bike ride to the Mont- Mine Glacier at Ferpècle, Val D’Hérenes
- Zermatt – A Family Day trip to Zermatt
- Family Skiing Les 4 Vallées (maps & Video)
- Activities for Families In Nendaz – Tracouet Station Lac Noir
- 20 Family Friendly Things to do in Valais
- Aletsch Glacier – Eggishorn Viewpoint
- Zermatt -Gornergrad – Viewpoint reachable with ease – NO HIKING
- Mont Fort 4 Vallées – Swiss Altitude Adventure to 3330m – with your kids
Other Swiss Regions / Cantons
HIKING WITH KIDS
HIKIKNG WITH KIDS