There is more than chocolate and watches!
Probably one of the most scenic country's there is.
There is more than chocolate, watches and the Matterhorn to it, although they are renowned worldwide.
Switzerland is also home to numerous lakes, traditional villages and the impressive high peaks of the Alps.
Its' cities contain mediaeval quarters, with landmarks like the capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge or Sion which lies below the castles of Valère and Tourbillon, to name just a few.
Skiing is a great passion for most of the inhabitants during the winter months. When the snow has melted away, the beautiful flowers are peaking through and the alpine meadows are awash with stunning colours, Switzerland is transformed into a hiking & biking paradise.
You will find a lot of information and tips primarily from the Valais area, as this is where we live. This is also why I have chosen to make a separate section about Switzerland and keep the rest of the world separate.
You can find activities for both the little members of the family and for the older generation. I will also write about some exciting trips and tips from the neighbouring Cantons, the Swiss German- and Italian part and beyond.
Your guide to Switzerland
This is my home, and I know certain area like the back of my hand. Brows through all information and blogs, and should you still nor have found what you're looking for, please get in touch and I will do my best to help wherever I can.
Recent post about Switzerland
The Epic Summer Road Trip Through Switzerland – By a LocalJanuary 11, 2021
The BoBosco Trail – In The Beautiful Verzasca ValleyNovember 21, 2020
The Jungen Alp in St.Niklaus- Valais – Great Picnic Place with Lake & ViewsNovember 13, 2020
Landwasser Viaduct in Filisur – Best Time to Photograph the ViaductNovember 5, 2020
The Valais is our home and therefore the Region you will find the most information of.
Swiss Travel Tips & Itineraries
HIKING WITH KIDS 3 -4 YEARS OLD
- Evolène - A Stroll to the Foot of the Mont-Miné Glacier at Ferpècle, Also possible to with the bikes
- Zermatt - Family Hike from Sunnegga to Zermatt
- Valais - 12 Easy Hike with Kids in Valais
- La Tzoumaz - Family Hike along a Theme Trail "5 Senses"
- Derborence, The Valley of Wonders of Nature - Hiking Guide
- Crans Montana - Family Walk - Bisse des Miriouges
- La Grande Dixence Dam - A Family Hike
- Lake Sanetsch - Easy Hike around the Lake
- Tseuzier Lake - Best family friendly hike with little kids
HIKING WITH KIDS 4 -5 YEARS OLD
- Nendaz - Siviez: Bisse de Chervé - Panoramic Hike in Nendaz
- Arolla - Sentier des Marmottes - Marmot Trail
- Grimentz - Moiry Lake & Glacier Hike
- Grimentz-Zinal, Hiking up to the Cabane du petit Mountet
- Lac de Salanfe - Hiking up to Salanfe Lake at the foot of Les Dents du Midi
- Lötschental Panoramic Trail - Fafleralp to Lauchernalp with map & video
- St.Niklaus - Picnic at the Jungen Alp
- Zermatt - 13 Best Things to do in Zermatt. Ideally in 2 Days. Ultimate First Time Visitors Guide
- Zermatt - Matterhorn Glacier Paradise - An Epic Family Experience
- Zermatt - World's Highest Glacier Palace - Why you should visit
- Evolène - Ferpècle - Bike ride to the Mont- Mine Glacier, Val D'Hérenes
- Zermatt - A Family Day trip to Zermatt
- Nendaz - Family Skiing Les 4 Vallées (maps & Video)
- Nendaz -Activities for Families - Tracouet Station Lac Noir
- 20 Family Friendly Things to do in Valais
- Aletsch Glacier - Eggishorn Viewpoint
- Zermatt -Gornergrad - Viewpoint reachable with ease - NO HIKING
- Nendaz - Mont Fort 4 Vallées - Swiss Altitude Adventure to 3330m - with your kids
- Zermatt - 13 Best Things to do. 2 Days Guide ideal for First Time Visitors
- Zermatt - Ride up to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise - An Epic Family Experience
- Zermatt - Visit the World's Highest Glacier Palace
- Zermatt - How to spend One day in Zermatt with Kids
- Nendaz - Activities for Families - Tracouet Station Lac Noir
- Nendaz Village - Swap the beach for the Swiss Mountain Village
Other Swiss Regions / Cantons
Bern / Berner Oberland
HIKING WITH KIDS
HIKING WITH KIDS
HIKIKNG WITH KIDS
HIKING WITH KIDS